2100 W. French Avenue
- Open daily from 8 a.m. until sundown.
- Admission is $5.00 per vehicle for up to 8 people.
Blue Springs is also home to the fully restored, historic Thursby House , which was built in 1872 on the top of an ancient Indian shellmound, where it was kept safe from the floodwaters of the St. John's River. Louis Thursby was one of the first men to build a landing along the St. John's River, which helped to develop Blue Springs and served as a steamboat stop for northern tourists. Parts of the pilings from the steamboat dock still remain today, as a relic of from a different time in Florida's history.
Next page > Where & When to see the Manatee