Still only cited as an 'unofficial nude beach', Volusia County has proven to be far more tolerant of nudity than Brevard. In an effort to become 'official', the Naturist Action Committee has been working on an agreement with the Canaveral National Seashore that will accommodate nude sunbathing at a specified area of Apollo beach. The area specified in the agreement will begin some 120 yards south of lot 5, and clothing optional recreation must be confined to this area. For more information visit the Central Florida Naturists site. Even if an agreement is reached, there will be rules to follow.
- You will be arrested for any activities that can be interpreted as lewd or lascivious (sexual).
- You will be ticketed if you enter the dunes.
- You will be ticketed if you are not parked in a designated parking area.
Parking is limited to 29 spaces in lot 5. Additional parking is available in lot 4, which is 2 1/4 miles away.
Apollo beach is located at the north end of Canaveral National Seashore. You can get there by driving down A1A through New Smyrna until the highway ends at the Canaveral Seashore Park. Precede to the last parking area. After you cross over the dunes, turn right. Watch for signs for clothing optional areas.
- Map and Directions to Apollo Beach from Orlando
- Orlando Area Nudist Resorts
- Information about Nude Recreation.
- Poll: Would you ever visit a Nude Beach or a Nudist Resort?
- Top 10 Things to do at the Beach.
- Annual 5K Bare Running Event.
Next page > Personal Experience at Playalinda Beach