What you need to do to get a Disabled Parking Permit to use for handicap parking spaces. Instructions necessary for a applying for a Disabled Parking Permit.
Time Required: 15 minutes
- Before you can apply for a Disabled Parking permit, you must have a valid Florida Drivers License or Florida identification card.
- Can your physician provide you with a copy of the HSMV 83039 form? If your doctor does not have any copies, you can print this form in pdf format through Adobe Acrobat Reader, or you may call 407-836-4145 to have one mailed to you.
- The top of the form, 'Application for Disabled Person Parking Permit Placard', must be filled out and then signed by the person applying for the permit.
- Have a qualified Physician, Osteopathic Physician, Podiatrist or Chiropractor fill out the remainder of the form.
- Fees for the permit are $15.00 for a temporary 6 month permit. There is no charge for a 4 year permit.
- For simplicity, you may submit the form by mail or you may present it in person to your local county tax collector's license plate agency. Select links below for locations and phone numbers.
- To avoid any delays in processing, be sure you provide the completed HSMV 83039 form, check or money order for the permit fees and your Florida driver license or identification card (send a photocopy if by mail).
- With a disabled parking permit you can park for free at street and turnstile meters for up to 4 hours.
- When using your parking permit, always have your license or ID card with you.
- You will receive a renewal form by mail before the expiration date.
- Permits are valid for up to 4 years and will expire on the applicant's birthday.