Although its not free, if you use it wisely and plan your trip, you could save a bundle of money. The concept of the Go Orlando Card may be new to Orlando, but it is not new overall. The company, Smart Destinations, has offered similar cards in Boston, San Diego and Seattle to name a few.
Heres how it works, you buy the card and visit as many of the 45 participating possible attractions as you wish during the allotted time. Cards can be purchased for two, three, five or seven days. If you purchase a multi-day card you dont have to use the card on consecutive days, you have up to 14 days to use it. So, the better organized you are and the more attractions you visit, the more savings you realize. It is also advantageous for those who want to visit a large number of attractions, but do not want to spend a lot of time at each attraction.
Check the Go Orlando Card website for current prices, participating attractions and locations to purchase the card. Cards can also be purchased from the companys website.
What attractions are participating? There are big and small attractions included with the Go Orlando Card. Here are some of the nearly fifty attractions:
- Ripleys Believe it or Not Orlando Odditorium Free admission to this 8,900 square foot building that holds an eclectic collection of oddities from the company that wrote the book on the strange and unusual.
- Titanic The Experience Dont pass this by, it was enjoyable and educational. In 17-rooms, the International Drive attraction tells the story of the doomed liner. In one room youll even experience the pitching of the sea, stand on the deck of the liner and see the stars and feel the freezing temperatures just like the night the liner slid into the water. One other note, each person is given an admission ticket with the name of real passenger on it, at the end of the tour you have the opportunity to search the passenger lists to see if you survived the sinking.
- Cypress Gardens Adventure Park, located in nearby Winter Haven, is an up and coming amusement park. You could spend easily spend an entire day at the park.
- Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex includes free admission and IMAX movies as well as the Astronaut Hall of Fame.
- Daytona USA, the official attraction of NASCAR. This also includes free admission and a free track tour and more.
- Green Meadows Petting Zoo To wind down your Orlando vacation try a visit to Green Meadows, it includes a guided tour of the farm and its animals. It is perfect afternoon for kids. Where else can kids actually milk a cow or hold ducklings?
One final perk, when you purchase any 3 nights or greater Go Orlando Card, you also receive admission to a dinner theater. We chose the Pirates Dinner Adventure; it was a fantastic evening for the family good food, a great show and the opportunity to kids to get involved!
For more information on the Go Orlando Card call 800.887.9103.