SEMINOLE COUNTY, FLORIDA:
- By car, Sanford can be easily accessed by Interstate-4 and the Central Florida Greenway (417).
- The Lynx public bus system services portions of Sanford.
- The Amtrak Autotrain has a passenger station in Sanford.
- Orlando Sanford International Airport, the Orlando area's second largest public commercial air service airport.
THINGS TO DO :
- Come face to face with intriguing animals from around the globe at the Central Florida Zoo.
- Beautiful Lake Monroe, in Sanford's downtown area can be enjoyed for fishing, boating and relaxing. The Riverwalk offers a 1.2 mile hard surface trail for walking and jogging. Take a St. John's River Cruises in the luxurious 200 passenger Rivership Romance.
- Sanford's historic Wayne Densch Theatre (formally the Helen Stairs Theatre) presents a multitude of plays, musical events and entertainment performances each season.
- Preview the works of Seminole Community College students at they perform at the SCC Fine Arts Theater.
The historic area of downtown Sanford has been revitalized into an antique lover's paradise, complete with little cafes, beautiful brick-lined streets, and vintage little shops.
One of the largest and most popular flea markets in Florida, Flea World - Fun World provides new and used merchandise for sale along with fresh produce.
MONTHLY EVENTS :
- Jazzed in Sanford - Monthly Jazz Concert series held the first Saturday of the month in Magnolia Square, downtown Sanford.
- Alive After Five - The second Thursday of each month, enjoy themed entertainment and activities.
- Fourth Friday's - Celebrate the evening with art, music and hors d'oeuvres that begins at the Historic Sanford Welcome Center.
- Cinema in the Park - Free family movies are presented on the third Friday of each month at Centennial Park.