Florida Law requires that you change the address on your Florida Driver's License within 10 days of moving. It is easy to do, takes only about 10 minutes of your time and $25. It's important to keep the address on your vehicle registration current so you'll receive your notice when your renewal date nears. Please note that making the change online or through the mail may take 7 to 10 business days. If you need an updated diver's license immediately, you will need to go to a local driver license office.
Time Required: 10 minutes
- Go to GoREnew page for the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles.
You will need to select the option that you agree with the Driver Privacy Protection Act Warning. On this page you can also check to see if there are any problems with your current driver's license.
- Enter in information to help locate your Driver's License record. You will need your Driver's License number, Social Security Number, Vehicle Identification Number OR FL License Plate, tag number.
You will also need to enter your date of birth AND last four of your SSN.
- If your record is successfully located, you will be given the option to enter emergency contact information and to sign up as and Organ and Tissue Donor. Select 'Continue.'
- Two pages come up next. First you have the option to enter a mailing address then physical address. You can have the same address in both spots, as long as it is not a PO Box.
- You will be prompted to enter an email address for the purpose of giving the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles additional forms of contact information. More than one email address can be entered here.
- Choose services needed:
- Florida Driver's License registration and replacement license options.
- Duplicate License Plate registration - this service will only appear if a license plate is assigned to this Driver's License.
- Enter in payment information.