- In southern climates, wait to trim roses back until after the last frost.
- Give each rose bush a cup of bone meal and blood meal in March and, in the South, an additional cup in October.
- Each bush can use ½ cup of Epsom salt each month April through November.
- Re-mulch your roses, being sure to keep mulch away from the stem.
- Remember -- sunshine, cleanliness, good air circulation, and ample water below leaf level with good drainage will give you a healthy rose garden with lots of blooms.
Next page > Spring 'How-To' Tips For Home Gardeners