If you are looking for a way to save a little money on back to school purchases, then the tax break can help you out.
Starting at 12:01 a.m. on August 3rd until midnight on August 5, 2012, the Florida Department of Revenue is offering a three day, tax free shopping spree on selected articles of clothing, wallets, backpacks and much more.
Included in the list:
- Clothing and related items with a sales price of $75 or less,
- School supplies with a sales price of $15 or less. Books are not exempt from tax during the 2012 Sales Tax Holiday.
The tax savings is only for individual exempt items priced $75 or less. This means that a jacket priced at $80 is not tax exempt, but the purchase of 2 jackets priced at $70 each, are tax exempt. Selected school supplies priced $15 or less are tax exempt. There are no restrictions on the number of eligible items you purchase at one time or during the tax exemption period. this year, books are NOT exempt from tax during the 2011 sales tax holiday.
Answers to the following frequently asked questions:
- What is the Florida Sales Tax Rate?
- Information about the following:
- Coupons & Rebates Gift Certificates
- Rain checks
- Mail Order
- Internet Sales
The exemption does not apply to sales from the following locations:
- Theme parks
- Public lodging establishments