With so much going on at Walt Disney World, it's no wonder that it is one of the largest employers in the Orlando area. It takes a village - actually 59,500 cast members - to keep the show going at the Walt Disney World Resort. With more than 3,000 different job roles available, it's hard, if not impossible, to find a more diverse group anywhere.
Thinking that Disney might be for you? First off, be aware that Disney does have a dress code and a grooming style for men and women that must be adhered to. Before going in for an interview at Disney, you may want to check out what Disney considers 'the look' for a male and for a female.
Disney always seems to be looking for people especially during the popular, seasonal months at the theme parks, water parks and resorts. You can go on-line to see the positions that are currently available or call the Walt Disney World Jobline at 407/828-1000.
- For cast member jobs, you can apply in person at the Walt Disney World Casting Center which is across from the Downtown Disney Marketplace (1515 Buena Vista Drive) or attend one of the Community Job Fairs that are scheduled.
- Characters, parade performers, singers, dancers, gymnasts and stunt performers: A whole world of entertainment is available for you for Disney Auditions for entertainment positions.
- Perhaps a Disney Career in the administrative, professional and technical positions are more what you are interested in?
- How about a little off shore adventure? Check out the available positions on the Disney Cruise Line. Jobs are also available at Disney's private island, Castaway Cay.
- Are you a college student looking for some real-world experience? The Disney College Program provides students a unique opportunity to live with other students from around the world, network, learn transferable skills while taking classes to earn college credit.