3401 Hiawassee Road, Orlando 32835
Admission is $4 per car or only $2 if it’s just the driver.
A short distance from the outlet malls and Universal Orlando. To get to Bill Frederick Park at Turkey Lake, take the I-4 Exit 75. Take Kirkman north, turn left onto Conroy then right onto Hiawassee to park entrance.
The park is open daily:
- November to March from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- April to October from 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- A swimming pool is open for those hot summer days.
- Large pavilions for huge group picnics are available for rent.
- Small sun shelters for family gatherings are available on a first come first serve basis.
- A well stocked lake for fishing.
- Children's farm is on-site as a remnant of the farm era of the property.
- An air-conditioned Ecology Center.
- Reasonably priced camping area. Another area has bunk houses and grills for those nature based group retreats or chaperoned youth groups outings.
At Bill Frederick Park at Turkey Lake, you will find two 18-hole disc golf courses.
"The Original" is an advanced level course, which has been in the park for around 29 years and may be the oldest standing disc golf course in Florida.
"T2-The Turkeynator" was installed in 2005 by a 3-time disc golf world champion. The shorter red tees provide a lighter challenge while the longer blue tees give the player a world class challenge.
Of the 50+ disc golf facilities in Florida, Bill Frederick Park at Turkey Lake is considered one of the best.
In addition to the above amenities, Turkey Lake Park has numerous activities:
- a large playground for the kids