The movie quality at the Enzian theater can easily compete with the large multiplex movie theaters as it features a 33' x 14' screen and state-of-the-art Dolby SR Surround Sound system. Movies here are not what you will find at a theater down the street. Most films at the Enzian are first-run movies specializing in independent art films, international films, classic revivals, documentary features and select family entertainment. The theater is a not-for-profit organization that exists to entertain, educate and connect the community through film.
Each month the Enzian provides free entertainment to the community with its Popcorn Flicks in the Park. These classic family films are shown at sunset on the second Thursday of each month on Park Avenue in Winter Park. The popular Cult Classics series with films such as Vertigo and TRON are offered twice a month at the theater.
In the fall of 2008, the Enzian officially opened the the Eden Bar. This alfresco experience features a full bar with beer, wine, specialty drinks. For a snack before or after the movie, a nice selection of entrees and appetizers are also available. The bar is open seven days a week and on Monday through Friday, you will find reduced drink prices and nightly drink specials. The Eden Bar is a peaceful retreat from the outside world. The attractive bar with its hand painted mural depicting a playful interpretation of a Floridian Garden of Eden was commissioned by Oscar-nominated animator, Bill Plympton. The whimsical 53' x 7' mural is a creative compliment to the beautiful property of the Enzian where impressive weeping oaks dominate the landscape.
- The Enzian Theater opened its doors in 1985 with the screening of the 1919 silent film Broken Blossoms with a special guest appearance by silent screed star Lillian Gish who was 92 years old at the time.
- The first annual Florida Film Festival in 1992 was attended by special guests Oliver Stone, Paul Newman, Robert Wise, David Ogeden Stiers and Henry Winkler.
- In 1999, The Blair Witch Project screens at Opening Night of the Florida film Festival and overall attendance soars to more than 2,000.
- Florida film Festival - March & April
- KidFest Young filmmaker's Summer Camp - July
- Beyond Bollywood: The South Asian Film Festival - September
- Central Florida Jewish Film Festival - November
- Brouhaha Film & Video Showcase - December
Founded by Tina Tiedtke and the Tiedtke family in 1985, Enzian Theater opened its doors in 1985 as a repertory house offering 6 - 12 classic films each week as well as the occasional live show by notable musicians such as the famed Philip Glass. By 1989, Enzian had refocused and moved into the then-risky field of first-run independent cinema. Enzian was alone in the community in booking such films, but this bold transformation was a success. With strong support from regional film-lovers, Enzian now often reports the highest grosses in the state and the nation for art house releases.
The Enzian Theater offers a wide range of flexible options for your next business meeting. Everything from a breakfast meeting, sophisticated lunch and presentation, cocktail party or company holiday celebrations. The Enzian has full audio, visual, and catering facilities as well as comfortable seating for all your meeting and event needs. More Facility rentals in Orlando.
- Enzian Theater entertains more than 100,000 guests per year.
- Enzian's kitchen regularly feeds more than 200 guests per show.
- Despite popular belief, Enzian Theater is not haunted!
1300 South Orlando Avenue
Maitland, FL 32751