The celebration of Easter can have different meanings for different people. In the Orlando area, there are many opportunities to celebrate the holiday with family and community. Some of the Easter Celebrations in the Central Florida area include:
HAVE PHOTOS TAKEN WITH THE EASTER BUNNY
- The Easter Bunny will be hopping to most Orlando area malls this Easter Season. Check the schedules on-line to find out when the Easter Bunny will be at your favorite mall or shopping center. Some locations even have special evenings where your pet can have their picture taken with the Easter Bunny.
PARK CELEBRATIONS AND EASTER EGG HUNTS
- City and Park celebrations are offering a variety of Easter and Springtime Events for children and families. Find a location that is close to you, Easter Egg hunts are generally held either 1 or 2 weekends before Easter.
- Looking for an interesting place in the Orlando area to enjoy an Easter brunch? Here are some suggestions of nice restaurants to enjoy your holiday meal. During the busy tourist season, some places get very busy. Call now to make your reservation! Orlando area restaurants serving Easter Brunch.
WORSHIP SERVICES ON GOOD FRIDAY
- Rollins College, in Winter Park will have a Good Friday Service including their Concert Choir starting at noon at Knowles Memorial Chapel. Call 407-646-2115 for more information. Information has not yet been posted, please call to verify.
- Cathedral Church of St. Luke will be celebrating, Tenebrae for Good Friday starting at 7:30 pm. Cathedral Chamber Singers lead an austere Service of Darkness with traditional hymns, a cappella choral music from all eras, and the dramatic reading of Christ’s Passion. Call 407-849-0680 for more information.
GO TO THE ZOO
- At the Central Florida Zoo on April 7 & 8, 2012 from 9:00am to 3:00pm, enjoy a Hippity Hop Adventure along the adventure trail to find clues leading to the Easter Bunny. Win candy, prizes and surprises at Bunny Stops along the trail. Kids receive free bunny tails to wear. Enjoy free painting, crafts, magic and more. The event is free with a paid zoo admission. More on the Central Florida Zoo.
VISIT A MUSEUM
SUNRISE SERVICES EASTER MORNING
- SeaWorld Orlando's Annual Easter Sunrise Service is held at the Bayside Stadium. The park opens at 5:30 am and service begins at 6:30 am on Easter Sunday.
- Uptown Altamonte is once again presenting Rise Up Community Easter Celebration on from 8:00 am to 11:00. The service which will include a Continental breakfast is presented by First Baptist Church of Altamonte Springs. A special service for children will be held in the Eddie Rose Amphitheater on April 8, 2012.
- Bok Tower Gardens Annual Easter Sunrise Service from 6 - 8 am on April 8, 2012. Greet the dawn on this special day atop peninsular Florida's highest point while enjoying the music of a 60-bell Singing Tower carillon and the Lake Wales Chorale. Free admission during the Sunrise Service.