The Orlando area's most authentic Irish Pub celebrates St. Patrick's Day this as it 'Gets Its Green On' with a three day non-stop celebration.
- March 15th Raglan Road's celebrity chef Kevin Dundon will preside over a four course kickoff Luncheon and Culinary Demonstration in the restaurant's Grand Dining Room.
- March 15 and 16, beginning at 6 p.m. Irish bands Murphy’s Law, known for modern Irish music, and The Irish Rogues, popular for ballads and other Irish folk tunes, perform on the restaurant’s patio. At 6 p.m., House band Creel performs on the Raglan Road Main Stage - expect a few surprise guest appearances.
- March 17, St. Patrick’s Day, doors open at 11 a.m. House band Creel performs on the main stage at noon and at various times throughout the day. Entertainment on the patio steps off at 1 p.m. with Irish dancing from The Raglan Road Dancers and performers from the Watters School of Irish Dancing. U2 tribute band Elevation will bring down the house with renditions of U2’s greatest hits.
Festivities at Raglan Road and in surrounding Pleasure Island areas will include face painting, stilt walkers, competitions, giveaways and plenty of St. Patrick’s Day memorabilia. Throughout the event, the restaurant’s Cooke’s of Dublin will offer counter service favorites like fish and chips, battered sausages and deep-fried candy bars.
To book a table at the Signature Lunch ($45 per person, plus tax and gratuity), call 407/938-0300 or 407/WDW-DINE, or visit www.raglanroad.com. On St. Patrick’s Day, guests will be seated on a first-come, first-served basis and a $10 cover charge (March 17 only) applies for guests 12 and older. Reservations can be booked on March 15 and 16.
The Great St. Patrick’s Day Party Trilogy 2012 includes 3 Day’s Of Celebration at The Celt Irish Pub
- Friday - The Final Countdown All Day Party.
- Saturday - Luck of the Irish St. Patrick’s Day All Day Party.
- Sunday - I Survived St. Patrick’s Day Party - Traditional Irish Breakfast All Day Party.
ST. PATTY'S WITH ATTITUDE!
On March 17th start the celebration at 4pm till close at Pat O' Brien's at Universal's CityWalk. There is no cover until 7pm. Live Rock Band & Dueling Pianos. Traditional Irish food can be purchased. Leprechauns, beads and $7.95 hurricanes and $2.00 Bud Drafts. General admission is $12 and VIL (very important leprechaun) is $20.
An all day St. Patrick's Day party at Orlando Brewing in Downtown Orlando. Irish fare will be served up by C & S Brisket Bus in the parking lot. Special live music performances will be performed in the evening. Call 407-872-1117 for additional information.
MORE IRISH PUB IN THE ORLANDO AREA
ST. PATRICK'S DAY PARADE
Over 75 units will participate in Winter Park's Annual St. Patrick's Day Parade on March 4, 2012. The parade begins at 2pm at the Winter Park Golf Course and proceed down Park Avenue to City Hall. The celebration will feature Irish music and step-dancing at the bandstand in Central Park.
IRISH MELODIES AT BOK TOWER GARDENS
Included with general admission, Bok Tower Gardens will feature special carillon music featuring lively Irish melodies. Concerts are at 1 pm and 3 pm. Free with admission to the Gardens.